- Join an organisation that safeguards a future for Victoria’s unique natural environment
- Lead a team passionate about enabling people and nature to live and thrive in harmony
- Full or part time (negotiable) ongoing position
“We work collaboratively to protect nature on private land forever.”
Trust for Nature is a not-for-profit organisation that works collaboratively to protect nature on private land forever. We have protected about 100,000 ha across both covenants and our conservation reserves, as well as managing 44 reserves and operating a Revolving Fund for conservation property purchases. We have since evolved into one of Victoria’s primary land conservation organisations, with several tools to help people protect biodiversity on private land.
About the Opportunity
The North East Area Manager is a leadership and coordination role in the north east area of Victoria covering the Goulburn Broken and North East catchment management regions, based in our Wangaratta office. This position reports to the Regional Operations Manager. The North East Area Manager is responsible for cultivating active relationships with new and existing funding partners to expand delivery of the Trust’s statewide corporate and conservation goals, and also oversees the delivery of conservation and corporate programs across the North East Area.
Knowledge and Experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Science, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management or a relevant discipline;
- At least 10 years of environmental project management experience;
- Experience in fostering and maintaining productive partnerships in the environmental sector;
- Broad knowledge of natural resource management issues, preferably in Victoria;
- Experience in managing staff and business administration; and
- Experience in the public and/or non-profit sector will be favourably considered
A National Police Check is required to be conducted as part of the selection process.
A base salary of $84,527 plus 9.5% superannuation is offered.
How to apply
Please see the attached position description outlining the responsibilities and key selection criteria, or visit the Trust for Nature website https://www.trustfornature.org.au/careers
Applications must address the key selection criteria of the position description and include a cover letter, resume and the contact details of three referees. Applications should be emailed by midnight Sunday 28th April 2019 to email@example.com
For further information contact Richard Gales, HR Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org