Trust for Nature is currently seeking a General Counsel to join our senior management team.
The role is a key leadership position reporting to the CEO, responsible for the provision of legal advice and services for Trust for Nature. The role works with the Board of Trustees, executive and regional managers on high level legal and policy matters predominantly relating to conservation matters but also on any other organisational issue that requires legal research and advice. This is a part time (0.7-0.8 FTE to be negotiated) ongoing position.
Knowledge and Experience:
1. Possesses or is eligible to obtain a Victorian Legal Practising Certificate that is not subject to supervised practice requirements;
2. At least five years’ post-admission legal experience;
3. Experience in independent management of complex or sensitive legal matters;
4. Knowledge and practical experience in planning, property and/or public administration law preferred;
5. Broad experience in other areas of practice.
A National Police Check is required to be conducted as part of the selection process.
A base salary of $91,886 p.a pro rata (based on 1.0 FTE) is offered, plus 9.5% superannuation.
How to apply
If you are seeking to be a part of a great team environment, please apply by addressing the selection criteria found in the attached position description
Applications addressing the key selection criteria of the position description and including the contact details of three referees should be emailed by COB on Friday 7th April 2017 to email@example.com
For further information contact Sally Blackstock, HR Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To stay up to date with any postings of positions vacant, follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.
We also advertise through www.careers.vic.gov.au