Indigenous Conservation Officer - Traineeship Role.
We are currently looking for an energetic and highly motivated person to join our team at Trust Nature in East Gippsland (Bairnsdale) on a part time basis (3 days per week).
About the role
The Indigenous Conservation Officer- Traineeship requires a desire to learn and work in the natural resource management field with an interest in conservation with the longer term aim of building a career in this field.
It would be helpful to have a background in the NRM field but this is not essential as it is a traineeship. An understanding of biodiversity and the issues relating to the protection and management of native habitat is desirable.
A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and develop and maintain relationships with landholders and external contractors and Trust for Nature staff is essential. An ability to work as a team, reliability and manage time is also essential.
Main responsibilities for the role
• Assist with revegetation, weed control and other related restoration activities on covenanted properties;
• Assist with project reporting;
• Assist with site assessment and project monitoring activities;
• Work in partnership with other NRM originations and groups;
• All work to be undertaken in accordance with Trust for Nature’s procedures and policies;
• Assist with the determination of conservation priority works on TFN owned properties;
• Assist with onground works as required such as track and fence maintenance.
For more information, please see the position description for this role.
Please note: Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply for this position. This action constitutes a special measure under section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
People with tertiary qualifications need not apply.
To stay up to date with any postings of positions vacant, follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.
We also advertise through www.careers.vic.gov.au